Pre-K Assistant Opening for Fall of 2023
Have experience working in an early childhood education setting? Love putting your creative, compassionate, collaborative gifts to use? First Lutheran Preschool, a high quality, play-based, faith-filled early learning school, is in search of an assistant teacher for one of our 4- & 5-year-old classrooms.
The assistant teacher works in collaboration with a Lead teacher and as part of a staff of 10-12 to create a play-based, faith-filled, creative, and caring environment where young learners feel nurtured and free to thrive. First Lutheran Preschool is a ministry of First Lutheran of Richmond Beach.
- Creating a fun and safe learning environment and implementing curriculum that encourages social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth.
- Supporting children in activities that nurture curiosity, imagination, and creativity.
- Support Lead teacher with lesson plans and a schedule that include large and small motor activities, circle time learning, outdoor and indoor play.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students and families
This is a part time position with regular weekly hours 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday) from 8:00am-12:30pm (class from 9-12). Paid time also includes staff meetings, planning and prep, sick/personal leave, and professional development. Hourly wage will be determined based on level of education and experience.
- Ability to build rapport with children, families, and school staff.
- Positive, flexible, and patient
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to pass background check.
To apply, please submit your resume to First Lutheran Preschool (Co-Directors, Kristie Timss & Leah Ames) at [email protected] or call 206-546-0320 for more information.