First Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten is looking for qualified, creative and compassionate Lead and Assistant Teachers to join our team beginning in January 2021. We have adapted our model for health and safety during this Covid-19 pandemic and will be offering an Outdoor Class on Mondays and Fridays and a traditional class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-12pm. Each multi-age class of 3-5 year olds has a teaching team of one lead and one assistant teacher working together to create a play-based, faith-filled, creative and caring environment where young learners feel nurtured and free to thrive. First Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten is a ministry of First Lutheran Church of Richmond Beach.
These are part time positions that include paid time for planning, prep, staff meetings, and sick/personal leave. Hours are 2 days a week (Monday and Friday OUTDOOR CLASS or Tuesday and Thursday traditional class) 8:00am-12:30pm with class time from 9am-12pm. Hourly wage for the Lead Teacher is $21.75. Hourly wage for the Assistant Teacher is $15.
- Creating a fun and safe learning environment that encourages social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth and is sensitive to the needs of young learners
- Supporting children in activities that nurture curiosity, imagination and creativity
- Developing lesson plans and a classroom rhythm that includes large and small motor activities, circle time learning and outdoor play
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students and families
- BA in Education or AA in Early Childhood Education or currently working towards BA/ AA/CDA for Lead role; High school diploma/GED for Assistant role
- Positive, caring, flexible, patient and joyful attitude
- A team player who believes in providing top quality care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to pass background check
Please submit your resume to Laura Schleede at email@example.com.
First Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization.